Tuesday, September 21, 2010

sista

My sister was in town!!!!!
The following post is about all the stuff we did.
First of all... I took her to Boulder... because well... I love Boulder. We shopped up a storm. I got to go into all the stores that I typically don't go into because I'm usually with Bryan! So I got to go to the Candy Shop! woohoo


He had Charlie and the Chocolate Factory playing. And all the frames around the TV... are pictures of all the kids from the movie. So there is a pic of them as the character and then a pic of them 'now' and one or both pics are signed! It was awesome.


Then that night we went to Canvas and Cocktails. This is becoming one of my favorite places to take people when they come into town. It is just so much fun!









Friday we went to the Highland Festival in Estes Park. This is us eating scottish food. I can't remember what we got... but it was good. And thats really all the matters.


It was so cold. We were there the day before picking up our tickets and it was not cold at all. So I dressed to match that weather and boy was it a mistake. I ended up buying a scarf initially because it was cute then because I was so cold. Then I bought a sweatshirt!


These were real canons and they fired them on the hour every hour!
Notice how pleasant Aubrey's picture is. And now mine... so classy!

Strong man competition... probably my favorite part. This was the man I had picked out to be Aubreys husband... but he was already married... doh!




BAGPIPES! AWESOME!

They were fun.

All the shopping. Indoors... thank goodness!


We went out to eat in SODO that night.




And walked by this car... which had run through an entire HUGE intersection and then up into the sidewalk where she hit a concrete planter. It was amazing. And we discussed how embarrasing it would be because tons of people were standing around staring... but I think I was the only one taking pictures.

Bryan is pointing at the HUGE planter she hit.



SNOOZE!!!!!!!!
So there is this thing called the Tour de Fat. It is when New Belgium brewery goes on this nation wide tour about beer. It also has the most awesome collection of people that follow it around. There is a bike ride attached to the tour de fat. People dress up. Next year... we will be one of these peoples.
Enjoy the hilarity and oddness.







Oh yeah... people also make bikes and they have a fenced off section where you take them and people can ride them. The line was so long... otherwise... I would have tried a few!




That evening... we went to the Italiano Festival in Lakewood. It was better than I expected!




They had genuine flag throwers (like from the movie Under the Tuscan Sun).




That night... ICE CREAM.
Anyone who even kind of knows me. I LOVE ice cream.
This is Little Man Ice Cream.
And it might be safe to say... they have the best ice cream I have ever had.

Ok... when I first moved to Denver I immediately checked into all the cool flea markets. And this place came up online talking about the Mile High Flea Market. It said it was the best flea market in Denver. They had hundreds of booths. People reviewed it saying if they need to get a gift... thats where they go because it is amazing.
Well... those people suck.
I hadn't gone there... I was saving it for Aubrey's trip.
So we get up and head there... I am so excited because flea markets in OK aren't so awesome.
We pull up and it looks huge and there are tons of cars there so I am still pumped.
THEN... we get inside.
Flea Market my @$$.
It is a mexican garage sale.
LOOK.... they were selling mattresses!
There were booths selling... shampoo and cond, diapers, underwear, furniture, shoes, lingerie, baby food, toys, tools, produce, and anything else you could ever think of. It was disgusting. I was SOOOOO pissed.

So... Aubrey and I went back downtown Denver and went to a tea shop. It was so yummy.

Look at this squirrel. It was climbing up the side of the building. Like Spiderman.

Us at Wahoo's before we take Aubrey to the airport.
Love you Aubrey and had a blast while you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment